Thursday 16 December 2021

SLJ Vector Art

 Hi everyone.

Today is 3rd Day of SLJ. And today's activity is Vector Art. In computer art there are 2 types. One of them is Vector Art, which is the subject for today. Vector Art is a computer that is mainly used for sign. For example the Google signs. When you zoom up it will be very clear. The other one is Raster also known as Bitmap. Raster / Bitmap is made out of pixel or tiny square parts. When you zoom in you can see little squares to make the picture. From a far away distance it is very hard to tell that it is made out of pixel. Here is the link where I learned this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vUG2AbZTnI&t=17s

Have you learned anything from watching this video? I did, I learned a lot.

Now today I needed to make one for a decoration online for this I used Raster Images I know they were supposed to use Vector Image but I couldn't seem to find any, to make it look more like a Vector image I decided to use some shapes to replace some of the images and for the Raster images I made a tiny so it is hard to tell. Here is my work it a picture of a wall with some decorations on it.

 

What do you think? Please tell me in the commets

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Vivian. Thanks for explaining what you learnt so well. I found that video really interesting and learnt lots too! So your image is a mixture of Vector and Raster I guess. If you wanted to make a 100% Vector image you could just use shapes like you did for some of your work here. Are you looking forward to any other areas of the Summer Learning Journey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Vivan,

    Wow! Well done with the vector art christmas activity! I hope you had fun completing this activity. You explained the differences between vector and raster well, I didn't know those facts so thank you for teaching me!

    I can’t believe Christmas is over for another year, do you have some fun things planned for the summer holidays?

    I’m looking forward to seeing your next blog and other creative work during the Summer Learning Journey.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.